Friday, November 20, 2009

The quandries I find myself in...

I'm thirty-five years and six days old. I like coffee and have an unparalleled passion for chocolate. My shelves are packed with books I've collected over the years that have been dog-eared 2 chapters in where I gave up, decided to take a break, and never opened again. Then there are the books I've read so many times the cover's been worn and is now falling off. I can get lost in a sea of emotions just by listening to one song, and it can make or break my day. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. Which reminds me, I refuse to listen to any one of my thousand Christmas CD's until after Thanksgiving... but the second after I start playing them obsessively. Little Drummer Boy is my favorite Christmas song. That and O Holy Night. I'm a stickler for correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. My neck seems to be more and more limited in it's turning capabililty as I get older, and I don't like that. Yellow flesh nectarines are the absolute best when it comes to summer fruit, but must be eaten when still firm. I have a habit of getting distracted at anything and everything when I'm driving, then jerk back to reality 2 inches from the car in front of me. This new search engine "Bing" really gets on my nerves...why do they think they can do better than Google? Who are these people? Purple is my favorite color of polish on my toenails, but blue is my favorite color for anything else. I'm trying to wear my glasses more often, but I can't seem to break the contacts cycle. I should get lasik. With all the old school styles coming back in fashion, why can't they re-introduce the leg warmer? They were great. I find my greatest moments of serenity are when I am outside on a warm summer's night, listening to the crickets and watching the stars. Someone should bottle the smell of dirt just after a rain...I'd buy it just so I could spray it in the air and take a big whiff.

But the one question that begs answering?

Why does a sneeze wait to present itself until the very moment you've just walked in to a room of poshy-suited people you've never met before, thus presenting the most uncomfortable of decisions: do I use my snotted hand to shake theirs or do one of those awkward "lets shake left handed so you're spared my
mucus germs?"

2 comments:

  1. - To Kill a Mockingbird!
    - O Holy Night is my favorite, too. Get choked up every time I hear it.
    - I laughed at your Bing-bash. I thought the same thing when they first came out, like, "Yeah good luck with all that, guys."
    - Girl, if you want leg warmers, reason No. 45345364534534 for you to come back. They're everywhere over here. They made sense for us in second grade when BCS forced us to wear skirts on the playground. But I have to be able to at least feign need of a bold accessory like to actually sport it in public. Call me shy.
    - Here's you some dirt!
    http://www.demeterfragrance.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=853

    ReplyDelete